Do you know the difference between Pisa and pizza? Test your knowledge of Italian society, etiquette, business culture and working practices.
Pass mark is 80%. There is no time limit.
1. Italians only ever shake hands when meeting one another.
2. Which month should you avoid booking business meetings in?
3. Which of these best describes the Italian attitude towards punctuality.
Italians are flexible but see deliberate lateness as simply rude
Italians are always late (it's an unspoken rule)
Italians consider any lateness rude
4. Demonstrating urgency when negotiating with Italians is a sign of sincerity.
5. What is the best way to initiate a business relationship?
Through a third party introduction
By chance - for example at a party/event
Through direct contact
6. Which of these is true?
Italians do not like close personal contact
Italians are very tactile people
7. What should you do at the beginning of business meetings or negotiations?
Present literature on your company
Set out the agenda of the meeting
Engage in some informal chit-chat
8. What is the most practised religion in Italy?
9. Which of these is good dining etiquette?
Passing dishes to the right
Letting the host pay
Answering phone calls
10. Which of these qualities will be most beneficial when negotiating with Italians?
How many legs on a typical dog? (e.g: 5)
34 New House, 67-68 Hatton Garden, London EC1N 8JY, UK. 1950 W. Corporate Way PMB 25615, Anaheim, CA 92801, USA.+44 0330 027 0207 or +1 (818) 532-6908
34 New House, 67-68 Hatton Garden, London EC1N 8JY, UK.1950 W. Corporate Way PMB 25615, Anaheim, CA 92801, USA.+44 0330 027 0207+1 (818) 532-6908