Since 2011 the campaign “Do One Thing for Diversity and Inclusion” was launched by the UNESCO and the UN Alliance of Civilizations the World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development encourages people, institutions and businesses to take actions and To Do One Thing to enhance diversity on this day.
These actions aim at:
• raising awareness of the relevance for intercultural dialogue and inclusion
• supporting global citizenship and building a global community of people, who are supporting diversity with concrete and every-day life actions
• fighting stereotypes and improving cross-cultural understanding and cooperation across the globe
The actions can be simple gestures or change in our behaviour, such as:
• go to an exhibition and learn about a new religion or culture
• visit one of the various events on cultural diversity and development organised around this day
• practice a new sport related to another culture
• arrange an international movie or cuisine night
• learn another language
• organise a school or university event dedicated to different cultures
• volunteer in an organisation supporting cultural diversity
• tell others about this day and spread the word
The possibilities how to embrace this day are endless! The idea behind this is that if everybody does one little thing, it will lead to a global movement every nation takes part in.
What can I do? “Like” the Facebook Page - this is the platform on which individuals and groups can upload posts, photos and videos of their One Thing or start discussions on their experience and to enhance diversity and inclusion around the world. On this page everyone can encourage friends, family, neighbours or colleagues to Do One Thing to support the World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development.