Cross-Cultural Management & Leadership
Our multicultural management training courses are all about giving leaders the skills and know-how to get the best out of culturally diverse teams.
Multicultural teams offer organisations the chance to build creative, positive, energetic, well-balanced people; it is the leaders that help make this happen.
We design, develop and deliver training courses across the globe for all levels of management covering all countries and cultures.
Multicultural Management & Leadership Courses
Our training courses come in two forms:
- Adapted courses are essentially ready-to-go, off-the-shelf courses that have been pre-prepared. Delivered over half or full days, the contents, excerices, activities, etc have been developed drawing on 10+ years delivering cross-cultural team leadership courses. Small adaptations are made to the course based on further understanding of a client's needs.
- Bespoke courses are 100% tailored to the client and the participants. The starting point is a client's needs and the result can be anything from a conventional training course, an intensive consultation and course design, a day's interactive training or a simple online webinar. We design what the client needs.
If you would like to see the contents of our adapted course, please contact one of the team.
Training Course Contents
No two businesses are the same and, as such, neither are our training courses.
Understanding the exclusive needs of our individual clients is a paramount first step in course design. The final course outline is therefore valid to the needs of your organisation and ensures that your staff are trained to manage effectively in the long term.
Outlined below, however, are some examples of areas often covered in multicultural management related training:
- Helping team members understand the dynamics of the cultures within their teams and where differences might lie
- Encouraging self-reflection of individual drivers in respect to work expectations and values
- Reviewing potential areas of conflict and exploring ways for managing differences going forwards
- Promoting team synergy and cohesion through proven strategies and frameworks
- Exploring team goals and objectives for the long term to ensure that team performance is maximised
Case Study: Managing Cultures from Afar
Our client is a European bank. A new company structure had led to new management positions being introduced that involved managing teams in the USA, the UK, India and Hong Kong from France. This had led to many issues which stakeholders had identified as lack of cultural awareness within the management team.
We worked with a small team from HR and a pool of managers to identify issues and challenges.
We devised a 3-day intensive training course that worked with the managers to address the identified issues & challenges, cultural factors at play and how to best manage teams and their respective outputs.
The success of the course led to its repetition after 2 years for new incoming managers.
Commisceo Training Style
Our participants are diverse and so too are their learning styles. Based on a review of attendees, the intended training outputs and per-assessment activities, Commisceo trainers establish the most suitable training tools and methodologies to engage their participants.
These may include, for example, interactive group activities, discussions, brainstorms, case studies, problem solving, storytelling, role plays, buzz groups, presentations, lectures, online learning, webinars, visual materials and self-reviews.
Our training style is
Above all we believe our training style is effective.
How to book a course
Please contact one of the team if you have any questions about this training course.
Once we know a bit more about your needs and objectives we can then offer suggestions in terms of the type of course that would suit, contents, training methods, etc.