Have a look at our Handy Report on Japanese Society & Culture
If you are new to Japan, moving there for work or simply working with Japanese colleagues, then our fantastic guide is designed for you. It covers topics similar to our Japan Country Profile however in a lot more depth.
This 47-page report will get you up to scratch with the people, the religion, etiquette and history – giving you the confidence to negotiate its island-culture intricacies.
Please note this offer is only for individual use - if required for an organisation or for distribution, kindly contact us.
Preview: What's in the Report?
Here's a look at some of the topics the guide covers:
Japan - An Introduction
- Natural disasters
- Politics and Legalisation
- Safety and Security
Investing in Japan
- Economic development
- Foreign Direct Investments (FDI)
- Environment and energy
Japanese Culture & Society
- Cultural overview
- Japanese culture and society overview
- Stereotypes and Misconceptions
- Japanese social phenomena
- National Holidays and festivals (Matsuri 祭り)
- The importance of family
- Concept of honour
Business Etiquette, customs and protocol
- The importance of ‘Face’
- Harmony (和-Wa)
- Japanese Non-Verbal Communication
- Japanese Hierarchy
- Relationships & Communication
- Meeting Etiquette
- Gift Giving Etiquette
- Dining Etiquette Table Manners
- Business Cards
- Business Meeting Etiquette
- Business Negotiation
Only £4.99: Cultural Information at Your Fingertips!
Our country reports are designed to increase the reader’s awareness of a specific country / culture in order to maximise their potential when working there. Each country profile aims to give a complete picture of the country/ culture starting from a general overview then tackling specifics on how business is conducted.
By imparting the reader with invaluable cultural knowledge this offers an in-depth understanding of how to build interpersonal relationships, promote clearer lines of communication and help minimise misunderstandings.
This report is written for a wide audience, and follows a very simple, logical format.
- An introduction to the country, its history, politics, people and culture.
- An understanding of the target country’s values, customs and etiquette and their possible impact on work and social life.
- Tips on preparing to work with new colleagues from the target country.
- An accurate portrayal of daily life in the target destination.
- Guidelines and tools on adapting and dealing with cultural differences.
- Practical information and useful links.
The profile is to be solely used by the purchasing individual or organisation. If materials from this profile are to be used outside of agreed context, Commisceo Global Consultancy Ltd must be referenced and copyrights respected. Any questions can be emailed to us via the contact form.