Our Chinese cultural awareness courses are perfect for anyone dealing with China, whether remotely or in the country itself.
You may be a visiting business person, a manager of Chinese nationals, a CEO looking to build links in China or an expat moving to Shanghai - no matter who you are or what you are doing, we will help you get to grips with Chinese people, culture and values so you can perform your role with confidence.
+10 years’ experience in delivering world-class Chinese culture training to clients across the globe.
Case Study - Developing Trust
We were approached by a business in the UK with new Chinese owners. Senior level employees of the company were finding it very tough communicating and working with their counterparts from China. Our task was to provide their senior team with a training course on working with, developing trust and effectively communicating with the Chinese.
Two years later our client reports that the increased confidence of the UK team in understanding their Chinese owners has led to much improved relationships and business performance.
Insights into Chinese Culture: Courses
The contents of any course will essentially come down to who is needing the training, why, where and how.
What our client above received and what you will receive are different things. No two courses are the same.
Once we know a little about a client’s circumstances we offer solutions and suggestions not only about content and topics, but also in how we deliver the training and who delivers it.
Our courses offer you the benefits of a bespoke, tailored training combined with robust, well-researched content.
Examples of courses we have delivered over the past 12 months include:
- Effective Remote Working with China
- Expatriate relocation training for Executive moving to Shanghai
- Team-building for Italian/Chinese venture
- Working with the Public Sector in China
- How to Develop Networks in China
- Selling to a Chinese audience
Examples of typical topics requested by clients working in China include:
» China and the West
- Modern history’s influence on cross cultural (mis)perceptions
- Breaking cross cultural stereotypes
- How does culture impact business?
» Communicating with the Chinese
- Beliefs, culture, values, ethics, customs and national character
- Interpersonal relations
- Building relationships
- Communication – verbal and non-verbal
- Social etiquette and protocol
» Doing Business in China
- Business in China – features, traditions and ethics
- Comparative analysis of Chinese and Western business practices
- Making appointments
- Using intermediaries
- Chinese business etiquette
- Business entertaining
» Relocating to China
- Preparing for the move
- What to bring?
- Chinese attitudes to foreigners
- The family – raising children, education, holidays
- Public behaviour and etiquette
- Food and drink
- Transport, shopping and entertainment
Want to mix and match topics? Let us know what you want to learn and we will do the rest. All our courses are tailored.
Flexible Training Delivery
When it comes to the delivery of training, we use the most effective method possible - this might be a traditional face-to-face course for a group of delegates, “outdoor” training on location for a family moving to Shanghai or a one hour webinar for someone needing guidance on negotiating with the Chinese.
The most common methods include:
- self-study guides
- simulations & games
- mentoring & coaching
How we deliver the course comes down to location, budgets, needs, etc. We are able to adapt and blend all manner of learning or delivery styles according to the audience.
Training can be delivered internationally in any location.
World-class Cultural Trainers
All Commisceo trainers are hand picked for their knowledge in 4 key areas:
- Expertise in intercultural communication
- First-hand knowledge of a country
- Experience in industry
- Fantastic training style
The trainer you received will be the one best suited for you.
For example, if we are coaching a family moving to Beijing then our trainer would be someone who has been through the move themselves and can give first-hand insight. Similarly if a manager needs coaching on how to remotely manage manufacturing staff in China, their coach would be someone who has done it.
Enriching Training Style
We want people to be engaged, to be switched on and to be soaking in information - we don't believe this is possible unless the course is relevant, fun and enriching.
- We make sure it is relevant through the time we spend prior to a course making sure we carry out a thorough needs analysis.
- We keep it fun by making it all about interactivity, self-exploration and use the appropriate exercises and apply the methods most suitable to meeting your needs.
Our trainers are at the forefront of training and coaching developments and are constantly introducing and using new methods and techniques.
Whether you want a traditional group training course or an elaborate fantasy role-play, we deliver.
Case Study - Fun & funky training
A client from the world of high fashion needed training for their boutique staff. An increased number of Chinese tourists shopping at their boutiques meant they needed to understand how to deliver unbeatable customer service in a culturally attuned manner. However, our client did not do classroom style training - they did things big, bold and beautiful.
They gave us creative license and in return they received a 3 story building in central London with rooms decorated to become locations from different countries and actors carrying our role play games with the delegates. The training was so successful in its format and in its impact that it was rolled out globally as well as mimicked by a rival brand who commissioned us to do something similar.